Apr 27, 2010

Remember me, 2010


Remember me, 2010
Director:Allen Coulter
Cast: Robert Pattinson, Caitlyn Rund, Pierce Brosnan




Remember me in short: A romantic drama centered on two new lovers: Tyler, whose parents have split in the wake of his brother's suicide, and Ally, who lives each day to the fullest since witnessing her mother's murder.

Stage: Local theatre

Preps: Wanted to see this for a while, has been in our theatres. However, never got to it. Also, had it at home. Some of my friends persuaded me to see this on a festive day. So I went. All I knew from this was that it was a drama and the gorgeous Twilight angel is part of cast - Robert Pattinson. One good reason to go to the movies - to see him twice the real size :)


Reality: A bit slow and dull in the beginning. Nothing really astounding happening after the first scene and until the half. However, in the half and until its end it reflexes some deep issues one has to face when a member of a family (brother, mother) is lost and depression, anxiety, sadness attacks - especially a way the family evolves after the death, is stressed.

I like the way the relationship between the two young people is pictured, also the way the relationship between Tyler/his father and Ally/her father is created in totally different way and also the way both cope with their parents. There are a lot of different family issues, that are pictured in the movie, however, only some of them get their turn. For the others I am sorry the director didn't use them in the first round of the movie (at the beginning) or evolve them by the end.

The ending is absolutely brilliant and makes the whole worth watching. However, I would not connect the end with the 9/11. It makes me think it only was because of the US viewers. This tragedy could have been shown in another way. On the other hand, it is one of the most surprising endings of a movie lately and a brilliant connection to 9/11. The dramatic ending can bring tears to your eyes. Also, some brilliant dramatic scenes when trying to solve relationship problems. I loved the vision of the main players - although I am scared that Pattinson will for now only have the roles of a student /cute high school guy; the role he was introduced by with the Twilight Saga.



Memorable quote from Tyler:
Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it. I tend to agree with the first part.

Something he pulls out of this in the movie and I absolutely adore this:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it. Because nobody else will. Like when someone comes into your life and half of you says you're nowhere near ready, but the other half says: make her yours forever.


My personal rate: 7,0 (you will like it, however wait until the first half is over. The ending made me fall inlove with the movie completely.)


Remember me on IMDB

Official sites

No comments:

Post a Comment