Apr 3, 2010

The Keeper, 2009


The keeper, 2009
Director: Keoni Waxman
Cast: Steven Seagal, Liezl Carstens, Arron Shiver




Short synopsis:Roland Sallinger is an LA cop who after nearly being killed by his greedy partner, flees to New Mexico to work as a bodyguard for the daughter of a wealthy businessman. When mobsters kidnap her, he hunts them down to rescue her and protect her.

Stage: Home theatre

Preps: One in the row, I see Steven Seagal is main cast. Superb, generally I love his SWAT team roles, as he kills someone with an eye or disarms someone with a touch of a hand. And all the bad guys pee in their panties when they see him. I expect nothing less.

Reality: Well, there was nothing more. It's a good follow up on the Bond movie I saw a day before. Again, Mcgyver scenes, Bond-like falling into the case and solving it left-handed. This time, I don't enjoy this one as much as I would want to. Maybe still that sour feeling from the last Bond movie I saw. Seagal still fights like a dragon and smacks everyone's butt off, but that's it. Nothing upgraded in this one. I vote against. If you aren't a fan of kung fu scenes, it will be boring to you. And I bet Seagal can do casts that go beyond this one.

My personal rating: 4,0 (well, I still admire Seagal, but that's it. Don't waste your time)

Keeper on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment