Apr 18, 2010

She's out of my league, 2010

She's out of my league, 2010
Director: Jim Field Smith
Cast: Jay Baruchel, Alice Eve, T.J.Miller

She's out in short: An average Joe meets the perfect woman, but his lack of confidence and the influence of his friends and family begin to pick away at the relationship.

Stage: Home cinema

Preps: Current hottie in the movies, but I sense there's a great deal of high school things involved; humour, sexual jokes, kind of like American Pie. At least after seeing the trailer I am not that excited, but let's check out what slovenian movie scene offers at this moment.

I am sad to admit that I was right. This is a somehow clone of the American pie. 90% of the movie consists of high school dilemmas; will you have sex with her and when, you are not good enough for her, she is not good enough for me, I will be alone for the rest of my life,... 10% of the movie has some good jokes, or at least funny scenes (should I call them a bit yukky or at least amusing) - the shaving of his penis; the scene with her parents, when he comes in his pants just before meeting them; some funny scenes at the airport..

All in all this is a comedy you shouldn't waste your time on. I don't recommend it, as it didn't make any smart impact on me and I am sure it will not on you. In this case, at least there are some unknown (relatively) actors that try to get their way into this genre. But as a whole, this piece isn't something remarkable.

My personal rate: 5,0 (hmmmm, if you don't have anything more attractive to do with yourself. And the girl looks extremely hot, too. But won't leave any important trace in your brain cells as it didn't to me)

She's out on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment