Apr 5, 2010

My dad's six wives


My dad's six wives - the six wives of Henry Lefay, 2009


Director: Howard Michael Gould



Cast: Tim Allen, Lindsay Sloane, Elisha Cuthbert


















Stage: Home theatre

Six wives in short; A grieving daughter tries to arrange her father's funeral, while putting up with all of his ex-wives.


Preps: Again, one in a row. I got a recommendation that this one is amusing, so let's check it out. I don't know anything about the story, but at the first glance seems like a comedy.

Reality: It's amusing and black - humoured, just the way I feel today, and I love some scenes that can drive some people mad. The guy runs off with anyone that wears a skirt and gets married in a week or even less, if she says yes. And even gets a faster divorce. THe viewer is faced with some really funny scenes when getting to know the guy, and also, when he's supposed to be dead, meeting all his previous wives, his past and revealed secrets. Everything, from pedofily (his newest wife is as old as his daughter), to obscene scenes - being married, he gets engaged and sleeps with the third girl.

Nothing really deep about this movie, however, a true decent entertainment, when you have nothing to do and you aren't very catholic so you can suck the scenes down and even respect the humour they truly posess.

In my opinion, one of the best scenes is with all of the wives at the gas station, fighting to get the ashes of the guy, spreading them all around and then staring at the broken tin, like puppies that don't have their bones to chew anymore.

My personal rating: 6,0 (not extremely wealthy in content or scenery, photography, but I think you will be rewarded with a pile of irony :)



My dad and the wifes on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment