Apr 5, 2010

The Heavy, 2010


The Heavy, 2010
Director: Marcus Warren
Cast: Christopher Lee, Vinnie Jones, Shannyn Sossamon





The Heavy in short: The Heavy tells the story of two brothers; one (Gary Stretch) a henchman for a successful, yet shady businessman (Stephen Rea), the other (Adrian Paul) with ambitions to be Prime Minister.

Presented with an opportunity to take a long considered revenge against his estranged family (Christopher Lee, Jean Marsh), while being hunted by a psychotic police detective (Vinnie Jones), our conflicted anti�hero must come to terms with the fact that, sometimes, getting out means getting even. As the story unfolds, the protagonists find themselves drawn into a web of lies and deceit, from which no-one will escape unscathed.



Preps: None in perticular, was just one in the row, curious as I tend to be, I just had time to watch it and evaluate the piece.

Stage: Home theatre


Reality.. this is supposed to be a thriller. At first I am amazed, ok, UK movie, fine speech, I expect something on the verge of Snatch meeting Lock, Stock and Two smoking barrels. God knows why, but the scenery somehow reminds me of this. And there's way too much blue in the photography in this movie.

I am dissappointed. I stop watching after 45 minutes. A waste of time. The story is going from one end to another (in some cases this is a splendid idea - see Memento for instance to see where I'm heading with this), which is driving me crazy. I don't get this, some kind of revenge of one brother to another, a kind of gangster movie, or thriller wannabe.. ehm.. I don't recommend it. Don't waste your time!




My personal rating: 1,0 (I stopped watching it, since I found nothing in it to see and no intriguing things. The one derives because it's an UK attempt, happening in London, which I really love. But nothing more..



The Heavy on IMDB
Official site

No comments:

Post a Comment