Apr 18, 2010

My one and Only, 2009


My one and only, 2009
Director: Richard Loncraine
Cast: Renee Zellwegger, Logan Lerman, Kevin Bacon



My one and only in short: An unusual road trip movie about a mother driving her two sons from New York to Pittsburgh to St. Louis and eventually Hollywood in her quest to find a man to take care of them all.


Stage: Home theatre

Preps: None. I don't know the movie, I see Renee and I am satisfied. I like to see her act as she has grown tremendously in the last five years. Each role I find something interesting and unusual in this attractive actress and most of the roles she plays, are tailored for her. However, I never lose the Bridget Jones image :)



Reality: I tend to think about the time this was filmed - I mean the time presented in the movie. In my opinion, Zellwegger in this cast would more suit in the beginning of this century than in the nowadays. The fact that she's a lady, a spoilt lady, never used to work, just doesn't fit in the present figure we have in our minds with a woman nowadays. Still, she acts it brilliantly, as she struggles to keep her spirit and her pride in the act against her husband.

The only thing you need to know about women is something that keeps me smiling long after that man, she is chasing, is gone. They are either too hot or too cold. So you need a pullover or something to make them warm, if they are cold, you need to have it at you at all times. There are several topics in the movie, that are true and honestly addressed, and the struggle for life is real. How to know your children when you don't know them at all. And what is the purpose, the happiness of the parents, or the children? For they cannot be satisfied at the same level, the movie implies. I agree totally. See it. I think you might like it :)


My personal rating: 6,0 (a good script, good act, a bit poor on the flow, gets a bit unreal and unbelievable somewhere in the middle and to the end of it. But Bacon and Zellwegger get some more than decent dialogues and I think it is more that just one of the pieces in this genre.)

One and only on IMDB
The official site

No comments:

Post a Comment