Apr 6, 2010

The Lake House, 2006


The Lake House, 2006
Director:Alejandro Agresti
Cast:Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Christopher Plummer




Lake House in short: A lonely doctor who once occupied an unusual lakeside home begins exchanging love letters with its former resident, a frustrated architect. They must try to unravel the mystery behind their extraordinary romance before it's too late.


Stage: Home theatre
Preps: I thought I have already seen this one. Seeing Sandra Bullock and Keanu sort of ringed my bell. But I fully remembered after 10 minutes. A beautiful love story, a chick movie, definitely worth seeing for another time.

Reality: I was right. A beautiful story about the longing, waiting and trying to find the one true love we all seek. And then, ironically, finding it two years before your time. The idea of having something like a post box (a real one, not an e-mail one) as a gateway between two worlds, is amusing, romantic and sets all the butterflies in me. Again, Bullock cast is one of her typical, not like in her latest The blind side, still, you will adore her, if you are a fan of the genre. And furthermore, Keanu here is not a hot shot like we saw him in the Matrix, but in my opinion, from time to time he suits damn well into these cissy romantic comedies (see drama Sweet November and his cast there - also worth seeing if you like the genre).

Don't watch it if you don't like romance in a movie and wet eyes. Definitely watch it to dream away in the night, how cool would it be to.. well, you know what I mean. And the main idea I believe is, that it's once in a lifetime you find something really worth waiting and fighting for. Completely agree.

Fav. quote.. She was more real to me than anything I have ever known.. when describing his relationship with her



My personal rating: 8,0 (in this genre, one of the good ones :)

Lake House on IMDB
Official sites

No comments:

Post a Comment