Dec 3, 2011

Crazy Heart, 2009


Crazy Heart, 2009
Director: Scott Cooper
Cast: Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Colin Farrel



Stage: Home theatre

Crazy heart in short:Bad Blake is a broken-down, hard-living country music singer who's had way too many marriages, far too many years on the road and one too many drinks way too many times. And yet, Bad can't help but reach for salvation with the help of Jean, a journalist who discovers the real man behind the musician.


Preps: Another one waiting in the line of those on my disc. Eventually they all come to their turn :)


Reality
: Ohhhhhh. So bad it hurts my eyes. I cannot stare at this loser on the screen, representing an old musician, trying to make a dime while drinking for the last dollars he has. Are they for real? What did the director think? The viewer is thrown in a hell he cannot escape from. Do I want to see this drunkard? He's not giving me wisdom, nor simpathy, nor am I feeling empathy, argh. I am wondering, whether the movie is heading anywhere, but I am out of luck, I guess. After a fallen show he's doing for approximately ten people in the bowling arena in some local atmosphere, I give up. The music is something I can't hear. The dialogues are so drunk and stupid. The feeling is shitty. I disrespect the feeling I am getting on a fine Saturday evening. Therefore the end is near and inevitable. I erase the damn thing.
If you have something better to do, do it. Nevermind the fact that we have a Colin Farrel and Jeff Bridges placed inside. They act like puppets. Which you don't want to see ever again. And it should be banned and never distributed, this piece. I am sure that the aim is realistic. The fallout of the stars is inevitable and in most cases so nasty it hurts throughout your veins. But this perticular piece leaves me empty and cold. So I dare to seize into this feeling and delete it.


My personal rate: 0,0
(I erased it after half an hour. Don't waste your time!!)


Crazy Heart on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment