Mar 20, 2010

Love hurts, 2009




















Love hurts, 2009
Director: Barra Grant
Cast: Carrie Anne Moss, Jenna Elfman, Johnny Pacar, Richard E. Grant



Love hurts in short: A newly separated father has to learn how to date again with help from his teenage son who himself dreams of conquering one girl's heart.


Stage: Home theatre

Preps:
One in a row. I didn't even hear about this one, from none of my friends or acquaintances. But I see Carrie Anne Moss (the Trinity) is playing and I like it more already.

Reality: The movie has a biorhythmical curve of viewer's satisfaction. The beginning of the movie is somehow predictable. I believe the idea is to show that the feeling of being inlove cannot last a lifetime, and yet in the second half the director tries to persuade you vice versa.

Ending the relationship of your life is namely shown as the disaster, where you try to recover and fail, try again and fail again and then discover you need that relationship really back, because none of the life that's left, can substitute what you had.

The movie has some extremely funny scenes and some good act. Also serves some black humour and irony while trying to convince me to understand male and women relationships.

And you never get such a smart kid.. I am totally convinced. I don't buy it, although I would love to have one ;)


My personal rating: 5,0 (decent Sunday fun.. but nothing more. You won't miss a thing if you don't see it).

Hurt and love on IMDB
The official site - very good one (from all I've seen a more creative piece

No comments:

Post a Comment