Mar 15, 2010

Law abiding citizen, 2009


Law abiding citizen, 2009
Director:F. Gary Gray
Cast: Jamie Fox, Gerard Butler,




Law abiding citizen in short: A frustrated man decides to take justice into his own hands after a plea bargain sets one of his family's killers free. He targets not only the killer but also the district attorney and others involved in the deal.

Stage: home theatre, lovely Saturday morning

Preps: Some of the friends claim it's one of the best movies lately. It's also running in the movies in this moment. But if I have it home, why not take the luxury? And Gerard Butler, the yummy man. I need to see it. However, I don't have a clue what it's about.


Reality: My friends were right. The movie is somewhere between a cop adventure, cop drama, prisoner thriller, psychological masterpiece and Butler is the king of the castle. The scene for beginning is astounding - it tears up my heart and amazes me afterwards. Why wait ten years to get the vengeance?

The movie points out some important true facts. The law system has holes as big as the emental cheese. The judges can do anything they wish. The man can be helpless when watching it happen. And finally.. vengeance doesn't bring you pleasure or forgiveness. It just brings more anger and bitterness.

I admire the brilliance that Butler uses to lead the system puppets. I adore the way the governmental people are left with their hands tied up and helpless. I adore that one man can predict everything and the last piece of my brain cells is working to resolve the puzzle he's putting together. And in the end my ironic soul is satisfied. The ending fits the movie as a whole.

Right in the middle I wonder, oh, no, it's another Saw. We are going to watch someone being slayered bit by bit and it's going to last until the end of the movie. Respectfully, I am happy to realize I am wrong and even more happier that I saw it until the end. In my opinion, very much worth seeing. And Butler, one of his better acts ever.


My personal rating: 8,0 (very good one.. worth the time and effort)



Law and Gerard on IMDB
Official site
Yummy Butler pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment