Mar 28, 2010

The blind side, 2009


The blind side, 2009
Director:John Lee Hancock
Cast: Sandra Bullock (Oscar 2009, main female act), Tim McGraw, Quinton Aaron, Jae Head




Short synopsis: The story of Michael Oher, a homeless and traumatized boy who became an All American football player and first round NFL draft pick with the help of a caring woman and her family.


Stage: Home theatre

Preps:
I have always adored Sandra Bullock's filmography. In spite of the fact that mostly she acts in chewy romantic comedies, or something that pretends to be more serious (like Speed), she has been my movie star since my childhood. The surprise when she won an oscar thoroughly dried my brains. I need to see this.

Reality: The movie grasps me and doesn't leave me breathing until the end. The story is so unique and so emotional, Bullock is absolutely brilliant - the highlight of her career, I think. This powerful woman that she plays, and brilliant in everything that she does, well, for once, I want to be that woman. The idea of doing something out of the blue and get this world to be a better place, is something that will touch anyone. I am sure that it cannot be that perfect, you don't get such mental health in the family, and perfect kids, and you don't get to learn something in two months to replace the missing ten years, but it is based on a true story and I believe that most of it must have happened. And that yet alone stands amazing in my head. After seeing this, I know why Sandra Bullock got the oscar. This time, with no political dilemma, deserved.


My personal rate: 9,0 (I loved it, truly. If it weren't so romantic in a sense that you don't get this perfect family that is shown here (yes, I know it is based on true story, but still), it would have been a straight 10.


The blind side on IMDB
Official site of the movie

No comments:

Post a Comment