Oct 18, 2010

Red, 2010


Red, 2010
Director: Robert Schwentke
Cast:Bruce Willis, Mary Louise Parker, Karl Urban




Red in short
: When his idyllic life is threatened by a high-tech assassin, former black-ops agent Frank Moses reassembles his old team in a last ditch effort to survive.

Stage: Home theatre
Preps: I only knew about the cast and some recommendation scheme I can see on the web. Something new from the Willis support team, I guess. Well, I love the guy, hence I don't hesitate to see this.


Reality: Well, I am truly dissappointed. It's a mixture between Mission Impossible, some James's Bonds and some other action movies that sell stories they cannot backup in physical point of view (i.e. that they are genuinely unbelievable). So you have Willis running around and any attempt of killing him ends up desperately for his rivals or competitors "on the dark side". I need to stress out that it seems nevertheless that Willis casts greatly in action type of movies and this one also suits him like a good quality tuxido. Since we all know about his saga Die hard, we cannot expect anything less. But unfortunately, also anything more. For all the scenes, I can merely express my dissatisfaction with the fact that everything has already been seen on screen and that adrenalin unfortunately doesn't exceed my expectations (really low, if I might add, at the beginning). The scenario is predictable, the turnovers are seldom, overall it's not a great action movie, however, Willis adds his part like a professional.

Unfortunately it remains a puzzle to me, why is it that great and respected actors really decide to go along with something like this. I am sure that movie bread is hard to produce, but.. getting to a crew no matter how bad the movie is.

By the way. RED stands for Retired & Extremely Dangerous. I thought it was a good gig :)





My personal rating: 3,5
(well, even though the main actor is hard and really dies hard, seems that he's a bit worn out and maybe pushed into another action movie. Nevertheless - the plus points go to the well executed "tough guy" scenario




Red on IMDB
Red official pages

No comments:

Post a Comment