Oct 17, 2010

The Other Guys, 2010


The Other Guys, 2010
Director:Adam McKay
Cast: Samuel L. Jackson, Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg



The Other Guys in short:
Two mismatched New York City detectives seize an opportunity to step up like the city's top cops whom they idolize -- only things don't quite go as planned.

Stage: Home theatre

Preps: None whatsoever. I am not familiar with the story neither the cast


Reality: I have seen a lot of positive critics about this and I was generally surprised about the cast and the first few punch lines. Nevertheless, the movie is a big dissappointment. It cannot fit even in my most depressive era, when I wasn't so picky in the comedy genre. I find this movie filled with not funny scenes and bad acting. I think that actors such as Wahlberg, Jackson, could have picked something more intelligent for their act and that the movie insults all the viewers as a whole. I didn't like it in the first five minutes and I thought the jokes were not only lame, but also really disrespectful to the audience (in sense, they were stupid and worthless (of the time spent to see them)).

I stopped watching the movie after half an hour. Not worth my time, not worth your time. Even if the clouds are pouring with rain outside and you really don't have anything else to do. Don't watch it. In my opinion, stupid enough that I stopped after half an hour and erased it. Forever.


My personal rating: 1,0 (for the cast and the impression I had for the first few minutes)


The Other Guys on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment