Nov 29, 2010

Mirrors 2, 2010


Mirrors 2, 2010
Director: Victor Garcia
Cast: Nick Stahl, Emmanuele Vaugier, Evan Jones




Stage: home theatre


Mirrors in short: When Max, who is recovering from a traumatic accident, takes a job as a nighttime security guard, he begins to see visions of a young mysterious woman in the store's mirror.

Preps: I have seen the first part. Although I believe sequels to be something that should be law-forbidden, I usually take my curiosity upfront to the next one that only verifies my beliefs.


Reality: Sometimes I should just listen to my hunches. This sequel is really not worth watching as it doesn't give anything new or doesn't upgrade the experience from Mirrors 1 in any way.

The scenes that are used at the beginning, are traditional - showers, lost rooms with dust and mirrors. A lot of blood, a lot of vivid inner parts of body, quite frankly, in these times, don't have a real effect. As said many times on this blog, the music and imagination of the beholder is the key element to create a good horror movie. Furthermore, the movie should have a reason why these people are being haunted, but in this case, it doesn't posess anything like this. The people die in vain and unprepared, not really knowing what the connection between them is. Is it more likely to attract masses, to have a model in the shower, dying, instead of a normal person..
A thing to discuss I guess. In this piece I haven't seen one good reason to continue with watching. The idea was simply too painful to my eyes. Therefore, I decided to erase this. Nothing I could benefit from, no added value whatsoever. Horrible cast, horrible scenes and really dreadful script. Bljak!


My personal rating: 1,0 (don't see it volunteerly :)


Mirrors 2 on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment