May 19, 2010

The Wolfman, 2010


The Wolfman, 2010
Director: Joe Johnston
Cast: Anthony Hopkins, Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt



Stage: Home theatre (to be more accurate, home on the laptop)

Wolfman in short: Upon his return to his ancestral homeland, an American man is bitten, and subsequently cursed by, a werewolf.


Preps: Hm, one of the remains of the day, the movie that I didn't see but is running in our theatres. The urge to see it makes me want to see it. However, I get awful critics from my friends (and if a girl, that's practically nuts about this genre, claims, that's no good and I will be seriously spending my money in vain if I see this in theatre, well, that stands for something). But I have it at home, so let's check it out.


Reality:Wow, this one exceeds even my lowest expectations about werewolf movies. I mean it's even worse than I expected. What's with the blue colour in the photography of the movie? And no dynamics whatsoever. There are some movies carefully looking into this problem (see 13th warrior for this matter with fabulous Antonio Banderas)..however, this one is not one of them.

After carefully revising the decision to delete this piece immediately, I stay and wait for the action that unfortunately never arrives. A big dissappointment for me. So what if he was bitten by a werewolf? We all know what happens, so why stall it? And why put gypsies to tell the bitten one he's going to be laid off the spell by a woman that loves him - so predictable and lame.

All in all, a waste of time. A waste of talent, for that matter - I am referring to the actors. On Hopkin's behalf, I wouldn't be proud of this piece. I think he should have done better or not even spend time with this. And so shouldn't you. Don't watch it, if you are not an extreme fan of the genre. You will not stand it ;)

My personal rating: 2,0 (because it took me 34 minutes to shut it off), which means I gave it more than one shot. I truly admire Hopkins and Del Toro, but this one is a no no :)


Wolfman on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment