Jul 26, 2010

Knight and Day, 2010


Knight and Day, 2010
Director: James Mangold
Cast: Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Peter Sarsgaard



Knight and day in short: June Havens finds her everyday life tangled with that of a secret agent who has realized he isn't supposed to survive his latest mission. As their campaign to stay alive stretches across the globe, they soon learn that all they can count on is each other.

Stage: Home theatre

Preps: the hot one at local cinema. Wanted to see it for Cruise, not Diaz. Supposed to be an action movie, however didn't get any recommendations. A good one for the evening, I thought.


Reality: I believe I couldn't be further from the truth. In this case, I don't think there's anything truly amazing about this movie. Cruise and Diaz have this weird relationship that doesn't seem to work, without energy and soul.

Cruise plays a hot shot agent that makes Mission Impossible a walk in the park. Nevertheless, I strongly believe that if he didn't play in Mission Impossible, none of the viewers would buy the scenes he's acting in this movie - so impossible that only Tom Cruise can pull it off alive :)

The whole movie is filled with action scenes, where Cruise is dying to survive and Diaz is following him and slowing him down. As I try desperately not to hate the movie (to be exact, I tried to love it because I have a thing for Cruise movies), I fail - I don't recommend this movie to anyone. It doesn't give you anything but some sort of belief in miracles (technical ones).

My personal rating: 2,0 (There are some sparkles in the scenes, but apart from that, nothing else.. )




Knight on IMDB

Knight home page

No comments:

Post a Comment