Jul 26, 2010

Killers, 2010


Killers, 2010
Director: Robert Luketic
Cast: Ashton Kutcher, Katherine Heigl, Tom Selleck




Killers in short: A vacationing woman meets her ideal man, leading to a swift marriage. Back at home, however, their idyllic life is upset when they discover their neighbors could be assassins who have been contracted to kill the couple

Stage: Home theatre


Preps: None in perticular. I was scrolling for some action in our local theatre and I ran onto this one. Since I love Kutcher's humour perspective, I figured I should see this one.


Reality: Kutcher never dissappoints me - well, not up to this moment. I have a feeling I know what I can expect and what I cannot expect from him. Therefore I cannot stay in cold and dark with him.

Killers starts off as a romantic comedy and then later on evolves into something more profound as a normal comedy. The turnover is truly funny and works for some time. At the middle of the chase it somehow loses the edge and becomes somehow Phythonic - all the people you used to call friendly and hypocritical neighbours seem to have the urge to kill you. The scenes resemble some of Mission Impossible - just in terms of getting the couple out of the situations alive and kicking.

The cast isn't something really astonishing and the both could easily pull off something even more decent. Nevertheless, a good one in the genre, as I commented on Grown Ups in the previous post - nothing that will get you overexcited. I find it a bit tragical, that in these summer days all the comedies we see in the family genre, seem to be average and not even one stands really out. This one can be perceived as cute, but nothing else. Maybe even boring at the end. The ending is theatrical and cheesy, I really don't like these "american" endings, as they leave me empty. But, after seeing 2/3 of this movie, nothing else was to expect.


My personal rating: 6,0 (a bit better that Grown Ups, but nothing more. I am not overexcited over either one of them).



Killers on IMDB

Killers official Home page

No comments:

Post a Comment