Jun 21, 2010

Trapped, 2002


Trapped, 2002
Director: Luis Mandoki
Cast: Charlize Theron, Courtney Love, Stuart Townsend, Kevin Bacon



Stage: Home TV selection on a rainy Sunday evening

Trapped in short: When their daughter is kidnapped by experienced nappers (Bacon and Love), the Jennings' (Theron and Townsend) turn the tables on this seemingly foolproof plan

Preps: None in perticular - I have just caught the TV movie and I loved the cast, seemed intriguing. Theron just doesn't go with lame movies and neither does Kevin Bacon (in general, I believe it's so). However, the movie is unfamiliar to my knowledge and I am curious.

Reality:
I am deeply dissappointed in this piece. The topic can be strong and the story can be written in an intriguing thriller-kind, maybe even showing deep revenge and the excitement when a kid is kidnapped and the blackmailing begins. But not this story. Not the Trapped story. This one is really something pulled out when the director (or should I blame the screenplay writer) was on vacation, I guess.

The movie seems deep, but it's really shallow. I think about turning it down in the first quarter, but then decide to show some respect to Theron and Bacon, who I love watching in some pieces. However, I am deeply annoyed spending two hours on a vague movie, which doesn't leave a trace in me. Scenery is rotten, cast could be much better, it seems the creators of the movie took this one as a high-school assignement rather than a serious movie.

I don't recommend it - do something more useful with your time!




My personal rating: 3,0
(not even decent fun, really one of the worse versions of the topic.. truly dissappointed when seeing this)

Trapped on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment