May 21, 2011

Little Fockers, 2010


Little Fockers, 2010
Director: Paul Weitz
Cast: Jessica Alba, Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro


Stage: Home theatre

Preps: Hm, my friend wanted me to watch this at the movies. Not in a million years. I don't know whether to expect even worse crap than the last one of the Fockers saga. Let's see.

Fockers in short: It has taken 10 years, two little Fockers with wife Pam (Polo) and countless hurdles for Greg to finally get "in" with his tightly wound father-in-law, Jack. After the cash-strapped dad takes a job moonlighting for a drug company, however, Jack's suspicions about his favorite male nurse come roaring back. When Greg and Pam's entire clan-including Pam's lovelorn ex, Kevin (Owen Wilson)-descends for the twins' birthday party, Greg must prove to the skeptical Jack that he's fully capable as the man of the house. But with all the misunderstandings, spying and covert missions, will Greg pass Jack's final test and become the family's next patriarch...or will the circle of trust be broken for good?


Reality: Well, I have seen worse movies. I still think De Niro should think a bit before choosing Fockers 1 in the first place. And here we have the fourth sequel. How bad can it get? - Well, De Niro is the Godfather here, making me a bit laugh as he tries to somehow embed this into a comedy and picture himself as the god himself. It is from a comedy perspective I can judge I have seen worse comedies, that however doesn't mean this is a good one. It's pretty solid, making all the family known affairs open and ready to discuss also in the head of the viewer. It is a common problem, the family is facing, and I am sure that a lot of audience can recognize some of their lives inside this piece.
Still - Ben Stiller gives a bad name to man nurses. They cannot be all without a backbone. Ready to be told what they think and how they should act. But also because of such movies, we collect prejudice and make them real once we meet real people that are in such roles in real life.


My personal rate: 5,0 (The piece isn't something really special. But.. I maintained it until the end without deleting. Which can mean I had a real tolerance that day.. or that it isn't as crappy as I expected.)


Little Fockers on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment