Sep 6, 2010

Salt, 2010

Salt, 2010
Director: Phillip Noyce
Cast: Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber


Salt in short: As a CIA officer, Evelyn Salt swore an oath to duty, honor and country. Her loyalty will be tested when a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy. Salt goes on the run, using all her skills and years of experience as a covert operative to elude capture. Salt's efforts to prove her innocence only serve to cast doubt on her motives, as the hunt to uncover the truth behind her identity continues and the question remains: "Who is Salt?"

Stage: home theatre

Preps: None in perticular - a new thing from Jolie and the fact that it's supposed to be conspiracy oriented gives me the feeling it might be a good one. Also, notorious in our local theatres.


Reality: Hmmmm.. Not up to my taste. Noyce's downfall actually. Seeing russian conspiracy and Jolie's ass running around all the time (and this being the mere adventure of the whole movie), doesn't really influence my veins. In sense - if you are a James Bond fan, then the movie will rock you as well. However, if you don't buy this Macgyver, Bond or Mission Impossible scene, you will be bored to your last breath.

The final conclusion I can give for this piece is that Jolie did a decent job presenting herself in physical sense. However, the act itself lacks some energy, the story is merely believable (or even not). I am normally a huge fan of political adventure spy movies. This wasn't even close one of my normal favourites. And I don't have the intention to recommend it to anyone that isn't aware that it's a solid action movie without a soul to climb on during the scenes.

This is the quote that Salt will be remembered upon (or in my case, forgotten):

Evelyn Salt: What is your name?
Vassily Orlov: My name is Vassily Orlov. Today, a Russian agent will travel to New York city to kill the President. This agent is KA-12.
Evelyn Salt: The KA program is a myth.
Vassily Orlov: Don't you want to know the name?
Evelyn Salt: You're good. You can tell the rest of your story to one of my colleagues.
Vassily Orlov: Salt.
Evelyn Salt: Yes?
Vassily Orlov: The name of the agent is Evelyn Salt.
Evelyn Salt: My name is Evelyn Salt.
Vassily Orlov: Then you are a Russian spy.



My personal rating: 1,0 (I don't want to see it ever again, in my opinion, several better conspiracy movies have been made recently or in the past years. MI included).


Salt on IMDB
Salt home page

No comments:

Post a Comment