Feb 28, 2010

Valentine's day, 2010


Valentine's day, 2010
Director:Gary Marshall
Cast:
Jessica Alba, Kathy Bates, Ashton Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Bradley Cooper, Eric Dane, Patrick Dempsey, Julia Roberts, Jennifer Garner, Queen Latifah,..... (amazing cast!)



Short synopsis: Intertwining couples and singles in Los Angeles break-up and make-up based on the pressures and expectations of Valentine's Day.

Stage: Colloseum, multiplex in Ljubljana

Preps: Where was the last time the cast was this amazing? How much budget did this movie have? I wanted to see it as a parade of all superb actors. The topic is a bit off, the surprising fact that it was launched after valentine's day, was a shock to me. What a disastrous marketing, that kind of movie should have been launched a month before, so you can get prepared.
And definitely a kind of movie you need to watch with a girlfriend (I mean two girls together). I don't suppose there is a guy in the world that would bare this.


Reality: It's a good one if you look from cast perspective. I love some of the dialogues, especially the Julia Roberts scenes and some of Ashton Kutcher. This guy's faces make me laugh the whole time. And he plays this naive florist, walking around in an outrageous pink sweater and T-shirt. The couples are so beautiful it takes women's breath away. And yes, you would walk home with that Eric Dane, of course he is gay in the movie. How ironic.

About the other, valentine's perspective - I love the fact that they outline also the ones that have noone to turn to on this glorious marketing day. A friend of mine once told me it's the festive day of florists and toy makers. And marketing. I have to agree on this one :) Within the movie you see a splendid show of the people that hate this day for any kind of reason, a sort of ritual I laughed even the day after about with the hitting stick and a heart, filled with chocolates, an anti-valentine's dinner and people burning pictures or memories of someone that hurt them.

Mushy couples might really enjoy this. And it's really pleasant to see such a cast in action :)


A good quote I remembered:
My closest relationship is with my Blackberry, Thank God it vibrates !

A cute one: When I was a kid, most of the advice that my dad gave me was crap. But there's one thing that he said that was pure genius... he said, if you're ever with a girl that's too good for you, marry her.

My personal rating: 6,5 (the story's not really brilliant, but you will enjoy the cast and laugh at some of the dialogues)

Valentine's on IMDB
Official site

No comments:

Post a Comment