Feb 14, 2010

The book of Eli, 2010


The book of Eli, 2010
Director: Albert Hughes, Allen Hughes
Cast: Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman, MIla Kunis





Eli in short:
A post-apocalyptic tale, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind.


Stage: Home Theatre


Preps: I saw the trailer when seeing some of the latest movies in the cinema. I didn't like it, however I persued the inner gut feeling that it should be something extraordinary and unusual, something to my taste. If nothing else, Denzel is very to my taste.


Reality:
Ufff. I struggle to see something. I don't finish the movie, since I find myself trying to do anything else but watching the movie. Since I feel a sense of contribution when writing these words, I try harder than I usually do. As I told you in one of my previous posts, if the movie doesn't sparkle me in 20 minutes, off it goes, away in eternity, no mercy whatsoever. Since I have starting to write this blog, I give it a few minutes more. I gave this one exactly 25 minutes too long (this was the end time of the movie for me).

I don't get the story, I don't get the desert and the guy, walking around, being a messia, Terminator, Sho-gun, Kill Bill (one of the girls) and God in one person. I see from the synopsis everything revolves around one book. But how disastrous, after 25 minutes the only philosophical approach turning in my mind is the path between my living room couch and the distance to the fridge getting a beer.

I turned it off, deleted it. In my opinion, not worth your time and effort at all. Where was Gary Oldman? Didn't see him. Washington can be the sexiest man on Earth, but no earthling should spend 2 hours looking at this. A definite no no.

My personal rate: 1.0 (0,5 point for seeing Washington again and 0,5 to inspiring my fingers to delete it and to get that beer).


If you see it, it will be at your own risk. Consider yourself being warned. How about those poor persons paying at our local cinema to see this, hehe :)

Eli on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1037705/ (can't believe the average rate is 7.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment