Jul 23, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 2, 2011
Director: David Yates
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint


Stage: Local Theatre, Early Sunday morning

Harry part 2 in short:



The final chapter begins as Harry, Ron, and Hermione continue their quest of finding and destroying the Dark Lord's three remaining Horcruxes, the magical items responsible for his immortality. But as the mystical Deathly Hallows are uncovered, and Voldemort finds out about their mission, the biggest battle begins and life as they know it will never be the same again






Preps: Waiting for the part a long time. Forgot where the part 1 ended. Luckily for me, these parts can be viewed separately, so I am not worried. As for my friend who I went to see this with, she's a huge fan of Potter's and doesn't care what it is. She knows she is going to love it.












Reality: Potter in his last stage. They are a bit too old to be playing this, because the characters they are, are a bit younger. Therefore I feel somehow like in Beverly Hills 90210



where all the characters were at least ten years older than they were supposed to. And I am actually annoyed that I don't remember what the story in the first 20 minutes is. Because I would like to know. And I am blaming myself not to have seen the first part before going to the movies.



Nevertheless, I am satisfied after a while. I fall into the world of magic. Brilliantly put together. The convergence from the book to the movie couldn't be better, in my opinion. If I imagined, what the movie perspective of the famous book would be, this would be it. I am stunned by the witchcraft, evil forces that are trying to conquer the world of good. The colours resemble the good and the bad, the music plays along with the rhythm of the movie. The scenery is amazing - of course, nowadays, photo shop animations are the best. And the good part in this is the fact that everything is fictional, therefore everything is possible in the production sense. If you want a violet sunset, voila, there you go. If you need stars beyond belief, puff, you have them. The magic can happen within the director's reach and the viewers are more than satisfied. So don't expect some real time movie perspective, everything here is beyond anything you know or think you have already seen in nature. I suppose they take beautiful sceneries and make them magical with some help of nowaday instruments or computers.






As for the defilee of the story, the last part - a bit cheesy. However, this is also the book's ending, therefore you cannot blame the director. If I said at first that the characters are too old (in reality), at the end, they are put into the role of adults, twenty years almost later. And in this role, they also don't seem right. Computers can easily adopt environment, but hardly make people older than they are. So the trinity tries to be adults, but fails. Nevertheless, I adore the movie and have a strong recommendation for it. It could easily be half an hour shorter. The ending is simply too long. But I get it, the last part, the ending of the saga, you cannot make it short. However, for those that aren't exactly craving for thirst for Potter, the director could give them a break and make this an 2 hour piece :)






My personal rate: 7,5 (a good piece and a strong background (scenery, music, costumography).









Potter on IMDB



No comments:

Post a Comment