Jan 18, 2011

Let me in, 2010


Let me in, 2010
Director: Matt Reeves
Cast: Kodi Smit McPhee, Chloe Moretz, Richard Jenkins




Stage: home theatre
Let me in in short: A bullied young boy befriends a young female vampire who lives in secrecy with her guardian


Preps: something new in the street, something for me to see. I am curious, though I don't have a clue about this piece.

Reality: Something's fishy right from the beginning. I cannot pull the right nerve to break down the secret. Like a de ja vu, all that is happening I can predict on the screen. Like I have seen something like this somewhere. No, precisely like this somewhere.
I cannot tackle this right up to the third of the movie. Then the ring bells. Of course. I have seen this. This is a bloody copy :) The original is a swedish movie, Lat den ratte komma in (let the right one in). Now, that I have searched through databases, I actually know the title, but what a joke. It's practically the same movie. The director only switched the actors, did a slightly different change and made it american. He didn't even bother to change the title. How lame can you be. What happened to the author rights?
It's probably because vampire movies are a hit nowadays, ever since the Twighlight saga. And the crowd loves vampire movies. But seriously - you just cannot go around and simply copy paste the movie as a total ( I mean virtually nothing is different). OK, I will admit the stage is a bit undecent (unappropriate), the scenario has a few twitches, the boy is brown instead of blonde (and some other minor changes) and it's an american perspective, as oppose to the european. Did the director seriously think noone is going to notice? Very, very poor execution. Like the american copy of the Ring, this one leaves me without any perticular feelings, but rage that someone dares to copy a good piece. The sad thing is..it's so uncreative to copy.. so.. well, it left me with the mouth wide open. A surprise, truly. I don't recommend it. See the original, because it's way better executed.

My personal rate: 0 (a copy that in no sense doesn't preceed the original - Lat den ratta komma in).


Let me in on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment