Apr 23, 2012

The girl with the dragon Tatoo, 2011


The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo, 2011
Director: David Fincher
Cast: Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer



Stage: Home theatre, late night on an available evening


The Girl with the dragon in short: This English-language adaptation of the Swedish novel by Stieg Larsson follows a disgraced journalist, Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig), as he investigates the disappearance of a wealthy patriarch's niece from 40 years ago. He is aided by the pierced, tattooed, punk computer hacker named Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara). As they work together in the investigation, Blomkvist and Salander uncover immense corruption beyond anything they have ever imagined


Preps: I am not inclined to see the american version of a good swedish movie. But I am curious. Hence, need to see it.



Reality: Now, it's one thing making an american version of something existing. But a true copy? Come on, Fincher. It's lame, pathetic, it's not dignified. Why would you make the EXACT copy of the swedish original, only with the american cast? Bljah. I despise the approach. If you want to see the review of the movie, see my review of the swedish version of the same movie. It is a fact that the story rocks, the delivery is great, and the cast is superb (in both cases). Even both Blomkvists are similar. How low can you go.. if you are a genuine director, do a piece of your own? I have seen many people copying things, however, I never thought Fincher would get so deep. I admired him for his other pieces and was convinced he would make something apart from what we've seen in the swedish version. I was wrong. To me the swedish version is better, because it was first. This one is a lame follower. The exact copy. Only with James Bond. I cannot bow to this. I can only despise pure copying for the american (world market). Readers, check out the swedish version, it is better delivered.


My personal copy: 3,0 (only for the sake of the fact that I actually love the script, love the swedish version. However note this is only a copy. )


The girl on IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment